Skip to content
- National Institute of Financial Management, Faridabad, will be renamed as Arun Jaitley National Institute of Financial Management.
- Rajkot has become the First city in the country to obtain the ‘Green Building Certificate’ for it’s affordable housing scheme.
- Israel’s National Security Advisor (NSA) Meir Ben Shabbat meets PM Modi in New Delhi.
- Indian Origin Scientist, S S Vasan is leading the research team to develop the Corona Virus vaccine.
- Amit Shah would be inaugurating “Conference on combating Drug Trafficking” for BIMSTEC Nations in New Delhi.
- World Radio Day is observed every year on 13 February.
- President of Portugal Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa will arrive in New Delhi on state visit.
- Ministry of External Affairs was awarded for his e-governance initiatives and implementing the e-office.
- Cabinet has approved MoU between India and Iceland in the field of Sustainable Fisheries Development.
- Cabinet has approved protocol amending the Agreement between India and Sri Lanka for avoidance of double taxation and the prevention of fiscal evasion.
- DRDO has started developing a 200-km strike range tactical ballistic missile “Pranash”.
- National productivity Day is observed on 12 February annually to increase the productivity culture in India. It is celebrated by the National Productivity Council (NPC).
- Lalremsiami has been named as the 2019 FIH Women’s Rising star of the year by the International Hockey Federation.
- Vivek Sagar Prasad has been named as the 2019 Rising star of the year by the International Hockey Federation.
- Aditya Mehta has won the National Snooker Championship in Pune defeating Pankaj Advani.
- Former Australian Cricketers Craig McDermott and Sharon Tredrea have been inducted into the Australian Cricket Hall of Fame.
- David Warner has won his third Allan Border Medal while Ellyse Perry claimed her second Belinda Clark Award at the Australian Cricket Awards.
- Pullela Gopichand receives honourable mention of IOC Coaches Lifetime Achievement Awards.
- Haryana government has launched “Reading Mission”.
- Goa government will set up Farmer Producer Organisation (FPO) to boost Agricultural Produce.
- 13th Conference of Parties (COP) of the Convention on the Conservation of Migratory Species of Wild Animals (CMS) to be held at Gandhinagar in Gujarat.
- National Water Conference to be held in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
- First ‘Jerusalem-Mumbai Festival’ to be held in Mumbai on February 15-16.
- According to the India Justice report-2019, Maharasjtra has been ranked first on the capacity of justice delivery system among the 18 large and mid-sized states.
- ministry of Civil Aviation operationalised the first ever helicopter services from Dehradun.
- Tripura state has organised its First ever Hornbill Festival.
- haryana Chief Minister launched “Mukhyamantri Parivar Samridhi Yojan” to provide an Annual assistance of Rs 6000 to the needy families.
ECONOMICS & BUSINESS
- Infosys will acquire Simplus, an IT service management company in a $250 million.
- Mumbai to get India’s largest air quality monitoring network.
- Pangolin animal has been identified as the host of Corona Virus in China.