- India and Portugal signed 14 agreements to boost cooperation in a range of areas including defence, investment, transport, ports, culture and industrial and intellectual property rights and yoga.
- GoAir has appointed Vinay Dube as the airline’s Chief Executive Officer.
- Famous Indian fashion designer Wendell Rodricks passed away. He was 59.
- Former Indian cricketer all-rounder Robin Singh was appointed as the director of cricket of the United Arab Emirates.
- India has banned e-cigarettes in both domestic and international flights.
- President Ram Nath Kovind honoured INS SHIVAJI with President Colour Award.
- Japan will host the pacific Islands summit 2021.
- Golden Conch Award for Best documentary Film at MIFF 2020has been awarded to “Bobenco: Tell me When I Die”, directed by Barbara Paz. It is a film of Brazil.
- On 12th Feb 2020, Guinness Books officially confirmed Chitetsu Watanabe as the world oldest living man. He is from Japan.
- Rishi Sunak has been elected as the Finance Minister of Britain.
- The cabinet has approved MoU on Sustainable Fisheries on development with Iceland.
- National Level India’s Biggest Rural Technical Festival “Antahpragnya 2020”was organised at Telangana.
- Odisha has partnered with Kerela to develop water tourism.
- New Delhi will host “National Organic Food Festival’’ for women entrepreneurs.
- Madhya Pradesh Government sets up panel to monitor tribal policies.
- The Motera stadium in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, renamed as the Sardar Vallabhbhai Stadium, will be the world’s largest cricket ground with a capacity of 1.10 lakh people.
ECONOMICS & BUSINESS
- According to ‘The Banker’s Top 500 Banking Brands 2020’ report, IndusInd Bank has topped the list of ‘Highest increase in brand value’ among global banks.
- According to the RBI notification, new one rupee note will be circulated and bear the signature of Finance Secretary.