- India has been ranked 76th place out of 82 countries on a Social Mobility Index compiled by the World Economic Forum. While Denmark has topped the Index.
- Lieutenant Governor Dr. Kiran Bedi inaugurated the 12th National Tribal Youth Exchange Programme in Puducherry.
- Union Minister for Electronics and Information Technology Ravi Shankar Prasad will inaugurate the second edition of NIC Tech Conclave-2020 in New Delhi.
- India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth rate is forecasted at 4.8% for the financial year 2019-2020.
- Andhra Pradesh to have three capital: Vishakhapatnam: Executive Capital, Kurnool: Judicial capital, Amravati: Legislative capital.
- Indian Air Force (IAF) inducted a Squadron of Sukhoi-30 MKI fighter jets armed with BrahMos Supersonic cruise missiles, at its Thanjavur Air Force Station.
- Brazil President Bolsonaro will be the chief guest at 71st Republic Day.
According to the report based on analysis of PM10 data from 287 cities across the country:
- Coal-Belching Jharia in Jharkhand continues to be the most polluted cities in India
- Jharkhand’s Dhanbad known for its rich coal reserves and industries, is the second most populated city in India.
- Delhi is the 10TH most populated city in India.
- Lunglei in Mizoram is the least polluted City.
- Six of the top 10 polluted cities in India are in Uttar Pradesh – Noida, Ghaziabad, Bareilly, Allahabad, Moradabad and Firozabad.
- Uber Technology Inc has its sold food delivery business in India, Uber Eats to Zomato in exchange for a 9.99% stake in the Indian food ordering platform.
- Government appointed Challa Sreenivasulu Setty as Managing director of the SBI and Sanjiv Lingam Venkata Prabhakar and Atanu Kumar Das as MD & CEO of the Bank of Baroda, Canara Bank, and the Bank of India respectively.
- Australian Open: India’s top ranked tennis player Prajnesh Gunneswaran knocked out in first round. Rafael Nadal registers crushing first round win.
- PV Sindhu lost to Sayaka Takahashi (Japan) in the second round of Indonesia masters.