- France will train Indian flight surgeon for the ambitious human space mission Gaganyaan.
- Nations pays homage to Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose on his 123rd birth anniversary on 23rd January.
- The Cabinet gave approval to the Election Commission of India to enter into MoU with the independent High Authority for Elections of Tunisia and the Papua New Guinea Election Commission.
- International Day of Education is observed every year on 24 January. Theme 2020 ‘Learning for people, planet, prosperity and peace’.
- Former Indian Test batsman Man Mohan Sood has passed away recently.
- Election Commission of India will host the 10th Annual Meeting of the Forum of the Election Management Bodies of South Asia (FEMBoSA) at New Delhi.
- Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren was conferred with the “Champion of Change Award -2019” by for his work in the Barhait and Dumka assembly constituencies in the state. Former President Pranab Mukherjee gave the award at Soren at a function in New Delhi.
- National Conclave on Emerging oppurtunities in Natural Gas sector was held in New Delhi.
- The Cabinet committee approves the closure of Hindustan fluorocarbons plant in Telangana.
- Chief Minister of Rajasthan, Ashok Gehlot inaugurated 13th edition of Jaipur Literature Festival.
- Uttarakhand becomes first state to implement agricultural land leasing policy.
- Hyderabad has ranked 4th among 150 cities in the knight Frank’s Global Residential Cities Index Q3 2019. Whereas, New Delhi and Bengaluru stood at 70th and 94th ranks, respectively.
BUSINESS and ECONOMY
- ICICI Bank has rolled out “Cardless Cash Withdrawl” service through ATM.
- North Korea will attend Munich Security Conference for first time.