- National Voters Day is celebrated on 25 January every year to mark the foundation day of Election Commission of India.
- NITI Aayog announced that it will launch National Data and Analytics Platform. The platform aims to democratise access of government data. In other words, the platform aims to make the data cross all sectors coherent.
- The theme for 2020 International Day is ‘Learning for people, planet, prosperity and peace.
- India ranked 80th in the global Corruption Perceptions Index 2019 (CPI-2019). In 2018, India ranked 78th in the index. The index was released by Transparency International.
- S K Saini has been appointed new Vice Chief of Army Staff.
- The blockchain-technology based payment system ‘Vajra’ has been launched by national Payments Cooperation in India.
- 25th January of every year is celebrated as National Tourism Day.
- Beerinder Singh Yogi, has been honoured with prestigious “Champion of Change” Award 2019 or his exemplary contribution in the field of Ayurveda healthcare services.
- Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh state government makes reading of Preamble of Constitution mandatory in India.
- Kerala Tourism Barrier-Free Tourism Project has won global recognition as the United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO).
- Telangana state to test facial recognition in local elections.
- The Disaster Mitigation and Managament Centre in Uttarakhand and Former IPS officer K M Singh have been selected for the Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar 2020 for their contribution in the field of disaster management.
- ‘Innovation festival’ was organised at Science centre in Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh.
- Himachal Pradesh has celebrated its 5oth Statehood Day on 25th January 2020.
- Pakistan tests nuclear – capable surface to surface ballistic missile ‘Ghaznavi’ of 290-km range.
- Brazilian President Jair Bolsonar arrives in New Delhi on Four day visit.
- The World Economic Forum has launched ‘One trillion Tree initiative’ to grow, restore and conserve 1 trillion trees across the world by 2020.
- Indian women’s hockey team begin New Zealand tour of Olympic year with 4-0 win.
- The World Archery conditionally lifted the suspension on India on January 23, 2020.
- Apurvi Chandela and Divyansh Singh Pawar have clinched a gold medal each in Meyton cup in Innsbruck , Australia.
- Strandja Memorial Boxing Tournament held at Bulgaria. Former world Boxing medallists Shiva Thapa and Sonia Lather assured themselves of medals at the 71st Strandja Memorial Boxing Tournament by advancing to the semifinals in Sofia, Bulgaria.
- Mizoram state will get centre of excellence for boxing.
- Brazil and India has signed 15 agreements to boost cooperation in a wide range of areas like trade and investment, oil and gas and cyber security and information technology.
- The Government of India has signed USD 210 million loan agreement with World Bank for state of Maharashtra’s Agribusiness and Rural Transformation Projects