- Ajay Bisaria has been appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to Canada.
- Ministerial-level Defence dialogue between India and South Korea was held in New Delhi.
- Indian Coast Guard has been celebrated its 44th raising day on 1st February.
- Indian Navy carried out a coastal security exercise, ‘Matla Abhiyaan’.
- Vinod Shukla has won the Mathrubhumi Book of the year award for his translation book ‘’Blue is like Blue’’.
- Joaquin phoenix has won the leading actor award at British Academy of Film and Television Awards (BAFTA).
- Ekushey Book Fair has been inaugurated in Bangladesh.
- Iraq’s President Barham Suleh named former Communications Minister Mohammad Allawi as the country’s new Prime Minister.
- US President Donald Trump has been appointed Indian-American Prem Parmeswaran as a member of the advisory Commission on Asian American and Pacific Islanders.
- 4th February is observed as World Cancer Day.
- Goa has banned access to casino for the locals.
- Kerela State government declared novel coronovirus epidemic as a state calamity.
- Bhopal and Indore will host the 21st edition of the International Indian Film Academy Awards.
- Madhya Pradesh has bagged the first position for the implementation of Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana.
- Karnataka government has launched the Janasevaka scheme.
- Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot will dedicate the UNESCO world heritage site certificate to Jaipur.
- Indian boxers bag six gold medal at Golden Girl Championship in Sweden.
ECONOMICS AND BUSINESS
- Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) to partnership with the governmens of Australia and Indonesia, will organise the fourth East Asia Summit (EAS) Conference on Maritime Security Cooperation in Chennai.
- Deposit insurance and Credit Guarantee Cooperation (DICGC) has increased the Insurance coverage for depositors in all insured banks to 5 lakhs.
- Union government ruled out the disinvestment of Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited, BHEL.
- L V Prabhakar has assumed charge as the Managing director and chief Executive officer of Canara Bank.
- RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das has been chosen as the Central Banker of the year for the Asia Pacific Region by ‘’The Banker Magazine’’.