- President Ram Nath Kovind presented the International Gandhi award for Leprosy to Dr. N.S. Dharmashaktu under the Indian nomination category and the Leprosy Mission Trust under the Institutional category.
- First India-Africa defence conclave was held in Lucknow.
- Supreme Court appointed retired Kerela High Court Judge C N Ramachandran Nair to prepare an inventory and valuation report of ornaments of Lord Ayyappa of Sabarimala temple.
- Veteran Film Historian and cricket journalist Raju Bharatan has passed away recently. He was 86.
- Ordanace Factory Board (OFB) handed over “Sharang” the first 130mm M-46 artillery gun upgraded to 155mm to the Indian Army.
- Manipur government has banned the import of packaged food items from China, Mynamar and Southeast Asian Countries.
- ‘Art from waste’ museum has been opened in Ganjam. The open air “air from waste’ museum being developed by students of the Odisha government managed Industrial Training Institute, Berhampur, was dedicated to the public.
- HAL has inked pact with Israeli firm Elbit system to develop UAV.
- 20th laureus World Sports Awards will be organised in Berlin.
- NASA’s astranaut Christina Koch returned from space to earth safely.
- DRDO has signed technology development Contract with Rosoboronexport Russia.
- Nepal will count a third gender in its next population census.
- India and the UK government signed agreement on Jet Engine technology development.
- Prime Minister of Sri Lanka Mahinda Rajapaksa has arrived in New Delhi on visit.
- Madhya Pradesh state government has decided to use drones for mapping villages.
- 12th edition of Bengaluru International Film Festival (BIFF) will be started from February 26.
ECONOMICS & BUSINESS
- Monetory Policy Committee ( decided to keep the policy repo rate under the liquidity adjustment facility (LAF) unchanged at 5.15%.
- Britain has appointed its current envoy Karen Pierce as the next ambassador to the United States.
- In Senior Women’s National Weightlifting Championships, Rakhi Haider of Bengal has won the gold medal in the 64kg category of the 35th edition of the event in Kolkata.
- Avishek has become the youngest President of Cricket Association Bengal.