India’ statue of Unity of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel has been included in the list of eight wonders of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO).
- The statue was inaugurated in October 2018 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the occasion of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel’s 143rd birth anniversary.
- The statue of Unity, the world’s tallest statue, is a monumental tribute to Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, independent India’s first home minister as well as deputy prime minister.
- The 182 meter tall Statue of Unity is located near the Sardar Sarovar Dam on the river Narmada in kevadiya, Gujarat.
- Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) is an international alliance that consists of 8 member states: India, China, Pakistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.
- Daming palace in China, Navruz Palace in Tajikistan, Mughal’s heritage in Pakistan, Tamgaly Gorge in Kazakhstan, Po-i-Kalan Complex in Uzbekistan, The Golden Ring of Russia and Lahore are other seven wonders of SCO.